Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Red Hat Linux/Windows Systems Engineer
Bluemont, VA 20135 | Contract
Join an elite team at one of the nation’s largest technology and consulting firms. We are hiring two (2) Red Hat Linux/Windows Systems Engineers to work on a mission critical Federal project located Bluemont, VA. This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and challenging team working on a “Feel Good” project.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Configure and maintain Linux systems, including routine and complex administration, security, patching, firewall, antivirus, backup/restore, etc.
- Create technical documentation
- Perform Architectural Decisions, Design Points, Tools Deployment Plan, Risks, Technology Strategy
- Participate and perform code/configurations reviews and STIGs
- Participate in requirements definition and review
- 5+ years of Red Hat UNIX/Linux administration, preferably Red Hat 7
- Experience standing up new servers
- Server - Patching
- Putting O/S on to VMware
- Preparing Servers of Applications Team
- Troubleshooting Servers
- Server Administration
- Backup & Restores
- Security Updates
- 5+ years of HTML, Linux shell scripting (Bash, Perl, and Korn), SSL certificates, and system design
- 3+ years of experience with FTP/S, SMTP/S, HTTP/S, SSH, Apache/Tomcat, networking, VPN (SSL and IPSec), LDAP, DNS, networking
- Per our Federal Government Contract, U.S. Citizenship is required and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- 5+ years of System engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with:
- ITIL methodology
- Application Development
- AWS or AZURE
- Red Hat Cloudforms
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, just send your friend's contact information to us at email@example.com. Please click here for more information on this referral program.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.