Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Oracle Applications DBA, Senior-Level
11111 Sunset Hills Rd Reston, VA 20190 | Contract
Ready to join the hottest Federal Oracle R12 implementation in the capital region!? Multiple Senior Oracle Apps DBAs are needed on this long-term Federal project in Reston, VA. Our client is one of the nation’s largest technology and consulting firms, working with multiple Federal Agencies. Come join us for this exciting Federal Oracle R12 implementation multiyear project.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, and be able to pass a background check.
- Provide technical support in the area of database administration, specifically focusing on technology, strategy, and operations of Oracle apps R12.2, Sunflower, Oracle GRC, Oracle Single sign on, OBIEE and related bolt ons and underlying technologies
- Support strategic projects with business partners and systems groups providing technical services on a wide range of database technologies running on UNIX Solaris and Windows platforms to ensure operational excellence
- Perform installation and upgrade of applications, databases, and tools including patching of technology stack and databases
- Apply database and application performance tuning techniques for keeping all environments at optimal performance
- Recommend improvements to processes and procedures to increase productivity reduce maintenance cycles, and improve quality delivery.
- Perform patching tasks for keeping all environments current with vendor patches
- Comply with, follow the program’s software configuration management, and change control process for all system-level changes.
- Support and maintain backup and recovery activities and processes utilizing Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager)
- Perform cloning of application and database instances utilizing Oracle’s Rapid Clone methodology, Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager), and Oracle RAC
- Perform software change configuration management functions through program standard tools to deploy approved changes to applications and database environments
- Work with Hosting Service provider for server, storage, network, and firewall requirements
- Created and maintain UNIX Shell scripts for automation of Oracle RMAN backup and recovery, and cloning of applications and database instances, monitoring, etc.
- Master’s Degree or 15 years of experience
- 5+ years of Senior Oracle Applications DBA experience
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle applications R12.2.x, Oracle Single Sign-on
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be able to pass a Background check
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.