Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Network Test Engineer
Ft Meade, MD 20755 | Contract
The Squires Group is staffing for an exciting long-term project located in the Fort Meade, MD area, and has an opening for a Network Test Engineer. As a Network Test Engineer, you will provide overall leadership of the network Test and Evaluation (T&E) task and serve as primary liaison to the government for supporting contract coordination and task execution. This is a 5-year program, and, per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be US Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly clearance.
- Design, plan, test, and implement LANs and WANs using latest technology
- Monitor and manage the network and optimize system performance
- Apply updates, patches and configuration changes to the operating system
- Implement network security measures
- Provide and manage system documentation for all related network systems
- Support and configure all routers, switches, and firewalls
- Manage the testing and implementation of upgrades and changes to the network systems
- Design, plan, and test network systems
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Provide specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- 8 years of experience in programs of similar scope and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in math, science, engineering or related discipline (4 additional years of Test & Evaluation experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
- Knowledge and experience with the following protocols/technologies: TCP/IP, VLANs, OSPF, Spanning Tree, Reverse Proxy
- Experience with (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco and Juniper routers, switches (Nexus and Catalyst), ASA's, and Blue Coat devices
- Experience working and managing networks supporting government systems in an unclassified and classified environment
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be US Citizenswith an active TS/SCI FS Poly clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.