Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Information System Security Officer, Mid to Senior Level
Columbia, MD 21046 | Contract
Are you interested in working for an organization that is committed to using the latest and greatest technology on a 10-year project? This Federal program, located in Columbia, MD, has a 17-year history of supporting the Intelligence Community in a managed services program. Our client is looking for a Mid-Senior Level Information System Security Officer to join their exciting 10-year Federal Government project. As a Mid-Senior Level ISSO, you will evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information. Because technology is changing so quickly, this program affords you plenty of opportunities to enrich your skills!
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly clearance.
- Plan and coordinate the IT security programs and policies
- Manage and control changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes
- Serve as the Approval Authority to validate or approve user authorization for accounts associated with systems under their control
- Maintain operational baseline of systems under their purview
- Provide ongoing continuous monitoring to assigned systems
- Provide and validate the operational security posture of systems and ensure they are maintained
- Manage risks while assigned system is in operation
- Ability to acknowledge and respond to IAVAs and create liens as necessary
- Ability to understand the POA&M process as well as track and closeout any outstanding liens
- Perform, coordinate, and document security relevant changes
- Perform vulnerability assessments to ensure updates and system baseline are enforced
- Recognize a possible security violation and take appropriate action to report the incident
- 10 years of experience as an ISSO in programs or contracts of similar scope
- Experience is to include at least two (2) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline (4 additional years of ISSO experience may be substituted for a degree)
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizenswith an active TS/SCI FS Poly clearance
- IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.