Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
HR Business Operations Manager
O'Neil Hall - 445 Rugby Road Charlottesville, VA 22903 | Direct Hire
One of Virginia’s elite Universities is transforming the way Human Resources (HR) services are delivered. They are creating a high-performing, efficient and integrated human resources service model to advance the University's mission.
The University is hiring a HR Business Operations Manager to foster integration across the HR division by developing deep mastery of resources that will help the division meets the goals and objectives. You will be responsible for Initiatives Management, Financial Management, and Space and Business Operations Support for the HR division.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have an impact in the coming decade.
If you have a passion for excellence, drive to enhance the HR experience and want to be a part of creating a legacy, apply now.
- Designs and implements HR’s project management function
- Provides leadership and guidance for a project governance structure in order to streamline and clarify UHR priorities in the future state
- Tracks overall HR effort and costs for initiatives to quantify effectiveness using financial and non-financial metrics
- Oversees the annual HR budget planning process and presents recommendations in the event of budget constraints
- Ensures that funds are properly accounted for, documented, and expended accordingly to University accounting procedures
- Reviews all vendor performance and associated guarantees
- Develops overall policy standards and appropriate internal governance processes
- Analyzes visible and hidden implications of policy implementation and clearly articulates potential areas of disruption where change management is required to facilitate smooth transitions from the status quo
- Develops communication plan, toolkits, training and/or guidance for Service Delivery team
- Consults with Legal Counsel, as appropriate, during policy development process as well as ad-hoc questions where legal opinion is necessary
- Develops and maintains an appropriate communication portal for HR policies
- Supervises the UHR Immigration Services function, which includes ensuring ongoing compliance with applicable federal laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of business management or project management experience
- Experience with:
- Overseeing project management, including knowledge of project management concepts and methodologies
- Financial reporting and budgeting, including conditional modelling and determining return on investment
- Interpreting and operationalizing compliance with relevant statutory legislation and regulations
- Presenting complex finance and budgeting information to non-financial staff
- Legal and/or audit background
- Working in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
- Preferred Certifications:
- PMP, CSM, PMI-ACP, CIA or other relevant professional certifications
Our client is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.