Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Columbia, MD 21046 | Contract
Join this long-term Federal Program located in the Fort Meade, MD area! The Squires Group is staffing this 5-year venture, and has an excellent opportunity for a Configuration Manager to join the team. As a Configuration Manager, you will be responsible for the execution of the Configuration Management process for the project. Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be US Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly clearance.
- Ensure the Configuration Management (CM) environment facilitates product review, and change and defect tracking activities
- Develop the CM plan
- Report progress based on change requests
- Understand configuration management principles
- Responsible for the execution of the CM process, which includes operating the defined and agreed process, ensuring it interfaces with all other relevant processes, reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the process, performing process audits, and managing the process improvement cycle
- Audit configuration management activities by validating results against the baseline
- Report findings to change manager for final review and recommendation of revisions as appropriate
- 8 years of experience as a Configuration Manager in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years of additional CM experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
- Detailed understanding of ITIL change, configuration, and release management processes
- ITIL / ITSM / CMMI experience
- Experience in IT project management
- Experience with IT system configuration management using an enterprise ticketing system is a plus
- Experience or training in the use of CM tools is a huge plus
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be US Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.